Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Not Guilty

Ten things (in no particular order) I feel guilty about.... (I got this idea from my sister-in-law's blog, Ceaseless Praise)


1. When I get more than 7 hours of sleep on a weeknight. I just hate the thought of sleeping away 1\3 of my life.

2. If I'm a poor testimony at work. It is so hard to maintain a good testimony for 40 hours each week. Which is really sad, because I'm supposed to be a good testimony 168 hours a week.

3. For the people in my life during my high school and college days that I treated like a jerk. I'm not proud of some of the ways I've treated people...I wish I could somehow make it up to them.

4. When I raise my voice at my wife. I still don't think I realize the full impact my harsh words have on her.

5. When I watch TV, play games, or surf the web instead of getting work done. This probably happens way more than I realize.

6. When I'm selfish in conversations, and don't ask people about their day\how they are doing. I do this a lot.

7. For leaving my friends in Ohio. This is one of those bizarre things that still comes back and bothers me. I know I left Ohio to go college, but I still just feel guilty about leaving.

8. When I don't listen very well to my wife when she tells me about her day. For guys, their day was either, "Good" or "Not Bad".

9. When I miss\don't create an opportunity to share with someone about my Savior, Jesus Christ. There's no excuse for this.

10. For being judgemental and not loving people like I should. I wonder how many people I have written off just because, "They rubbed me the wrong way." Imagine how many good friendships I've missed out on, because I was selfish and proud.
~~~~
I'm not trying to wallow in guilt, just some honest reflection. I'm so grateful my sins are forgiven through Christ (though not every one of these is a moral issue), but I don't want to keep sinning so that grace may abound!

2 comments:

  1. Now you have to do another post- ten things you DON'T feel guilty about! :)

    When I ask Joel how his day was: "Fine." When I ask what happened: "not much." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to think about that second post...stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete