Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Dark

"Dark"
by Jason Hart
A seven part short story written for Twitter in December of 2009

~~~

Once upon a time, there were three acquaintances - Lift, Sara, and Dark. Sara, more than anything, wanted to be loved.

One day, Lift told Sara, "I love you, Sara. I always have, and always will. I love you no matter what. My love is free."

Sara knew she craved love, but was skeptical of the unconditional love Lift offered. "How can love be free?", Sara wondered.

A few days later, Dark told Sara, "I will love you, Sara. But, you must do what I demand. My love must be earned."

Sara reasoned, "A love that is earned must be worth more than a love that is free." So, Sara decided she wanted Dark's love.

Sara, desperate for love, asked Dark, "What must I do to earn your love?" Dark responded, "If you want my love, you must kill Lift."

After much thought, Sara concluded that it was Dark's love she desired. Sara killed Lift. She was never loved again. - THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment